CS 3.3 in brief
• All-in-One Streaming CD Receiver with 2 x 350 W
• Speaker A & B
• X-Stream Engine® for HiRes streaming incl. DSD, controllable over RC X APP
• Prepared for Spotify, QOBUZ, TIDAL Connect, Webradio (upgradeable)
• High performance phono input and switchable with complete adjustment possibilities MM & MC in the personal set-up menu (CS HMI or with the RC X APP)
• HDMI (ARC) Input
• 2 digital inputs (SPDIF coax & opt.)
• USB A for external harddrives (NTFS & FAT)
• 3 RCA + 1 XLR line inputs, switchable as signal sensitive inputs, switchable as Hometheatre Thruput
• Bluetooth 4.2, Airplay 2/1, ROON ready
• AVM multiroom function
• 2 Digital outputs (SPDIF, opt.), also switchable to variable volume
• Headphone output 6,3mm on the front panel with dedicated headphone amp
• Pure CD Drive with Slot-in (Red-Book)
• Digital signal conversion with selected Double-Quad DAC for max. 384/32 PCM (ESS 9028PRO) and/or DSD 256
• Tone control and parametric loudness with bypass-function (also over RC X APP)
• Dimmable white graphic display with touchpoint sensoric and proximity sensor
• Numerous menu functions (adjustable input sensitivity, individual naming of inputs and many more)
• Minimal stand-by power consumption (APD)
• Compact size: 43mm x 12mm x 350mm (WHD)
• Housing versions: Hand brushed aluminium silver or black or as CELLINI version with chrome front panel (additional charges apply)
• Trigger in, ext. IR Sensor, 2 x Trigger out
The CS 3.3 works completely as a pure transistor device. AVM looks back on a decade-long tradition of developing All-in-One devices with a real high-end sound quality since the 1990s. A new high-performance generation of our EVOLUTION All-in-One CS devices was created based on the AVM X-Stream Engine®. Numerous innovations have been incorporated and the new RC X APP also controls CS 3.3 and CS 5.3 completely. With these high-performance All-in-One solutions, stacks of audio equipment and overflowing cable clutter become a thing of the past. All modern connections are available, so that, for example, both a record player and a TV can be connected via HDMI ARC. In order to achieve our goal of constructing the best-sounding all-in-one devices on the world market, we borrowed from our flagship CS 8.3. The EVOLUTION CS devices now spark a aluminium precision housing without any visible screws that is only 43 cm wide and impress with a minimalist elegance and symmetrical design.
The main focus was on a completely modernized APP control. The simplest, intuitively learnable operation as well as a clear and attractively designed user interface make managing even large music collections a child‘s play. This makes you want to go on journeys of discovery for new music on numerous streaming platforms. The supplied selection of Spotify, TIDAL Connect, QOBUZ, and HighResAudio can easily be expanded in the future. The AVM RC X APP is available for iOS (Apple) or Android-controlled devices.
The new AVM X-Stream Engine® can stream all high-resolution formats up to resolutions of 384/32, including DSD (256). This streaming engine is a complete AVM in-house development and is completely software based. It can therefore be updated online in a future-proof manner. An HDMI (ARC) interface is also on board, as is the modern Bluetooth connection, further digital inputs and a USB A interface are standard. A completely newly developed high-performance phono input stage enables the connection of MM and MC systems. As a special feature, all adjustments to the selected pickup system can be selected directly and conveniently in the APP. This ensures perfect analog sound, especially in combination with our rotation turntables. Completely new are the digital outputs, the volume of which can now also be controlled if desired, as well as the signal-sensitive inputs that switch on the CS 3.3/5.3 as soon as a signal is fed to these inputs.
In terms of sound, too, there has been a huge gain over the predecessor. The completely new amplifier stages now provide an impressive 350 watts of continuous power and can easily handle any loudspeaker.
The digital section was completely renewed in the course of the entirely new development. This crucial part is based on the selected ESS9028 PRO Double-Quad DAC. Also a clear gain in terms of sound, which goes hand in hand with a large amount of new digital circuit designs, 4 DACs per channel work in parallel here. This effort benefits all digital sources in terms of sound quality, so that all high-resolution formats can be reproduced perfectly and as close as possible to the original.
The EVOLUTION CS are available in the standard colors aluminIum silver or black, upon request also as an elegant CELLINI version with chrome-plated and hand-polished front and chrome-plated rotary knobs. Like all AVM devices, the EVOLUTION CS is also made entirely by hand in the Malsch factory. The vast majority of suppliers, e.g. for the precise housing parts, are also based in the vicinity of our main plant. You are welcome to watch our creative process in our ‚making of‘ video.
Repeated, intensive quality controls during all production steps and a break-in period of several days for each individual device secure our promise of maximum reliability in the long term and we grant a transferable guarantee of 2 years, with online registration 2 additional years (Warranties may differ in territories).